St. Eugene Catholic Elementary School celebrated the awards for December and January with a particular focus on the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations (OCSGE): I am a Team Player and J'ai une voix.
Each month, students are asked to live out the OSCGEs as they continue their faith and academic journey in our Catholic Schools. Students from Kindergarten to Grade 8 focused on the collaborative and cooperative skills that are associated with being a team player and a respectful community member. Additionally, students were given the "J'ai une voix award" for their use of the French language in both Core French and French Immersion. Students are called to be effective listeners, speakers, readers, and writers in their second language. Félicitations to all of this month's winners! On est très fier de votre progrès! We are very proud of your progress and efforts.
Additionally, a few students were recognized for their art pieces that were submitted to the Knights of Columbus' Poster Contest with the theme of "Keep Christ in Christmas". Congratulations to all the students who represnted St. Eugene so very well.
Students and staff will live out the OCSGEs "I am a believer/Je suis croyant" as well as the "Jai une voix" for the month of February.
We can show that we are discerning believers formed in the Catholic Faith Community by:
• believing that God is awesome.
• believing that God is with us always.
• believing and having faith.
• believing we can talk to God anytime and anywhere, through prayer.
• believing in the Bible and in the stories of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection.
• believing in the Church community, celebrating mass, and the seven sacraments.
• believing in forgiveness.
• believing that it is important for us to share God’s story with others through how we live.
• believing that God journeys with us through life, sustaining us through all things, especially when we might falter or fail.
WE ARE BELIEVERS.
WE WILL LIVE OUR LIVES LIKE JESUS.